Tuesday 22 June 2010

Milagu Vendakkai / Black pepper stuffed ladies finger or okra


This easy recipe was given by my dad to me. I think he read it in some magazine. My dad was the first person to encourage my cooking expeditions :). Whatever dish I prepare he just loved it. I am not sure whether he liked the dish or the fact that it was prepared by his daughter. Sometimes when my mom says  to him that I prepared a particular dish (eventhough I haven't ) he appreciated it whole-heartedly and vice versa :). So I am sure that the love for his daughter made him appreciate the dishes prepared by me. But those appreciation s helped me to grow better and better :). I would love to dedicate this blog to my loving and caring dad. Try this recipe. It is very simple, very tasty and very healthy way to enjoy ladies finger.




Ingredients :

Vendakkai / ladies finger / okra- 6 nos  (select fresh, green and tender ones) 
Freshly ground black pepper powder- 1 tspn
Salt- 1/4 tspn
Oil- 3 tspns

Method :

Make a longitudinal slit in vendakkai as shown in picture. Mix black pepper powder and salt. Apply a thin coating of the above said mixture inside the slitted ladies finger. Heat 3 teaspoons of oil in a pan. When the oil gets hot simmer the flame and place the vendakkai on hot oil. Turn ladies finger more often until they get brown tints all over their outer skin. The pepper stuffed vendakkai will be ready to be relished.

Taste enhancing tips for this recipe :  Instead of cooking them in a pan you can grill them. Before grilling spray a thin coating of oil. This pepper stuffed vendakkai will be loved by everyone in your grill party. Happy cooking !!!

This entry goes to Tasty apetite's I love my dad event. Thank you Jay for hosting this lovely event.


26 comments:

  1. Aaah what a coincidence, me too made whole okra fry y'day...this looks better with pepper stuffing' sure all Dad's are same...ur statement applies to my Dad as well:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love okra in any form..this looks simply delicious..yumm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Millagu vendakkayi looks really good manju. Love the simple ingredients and think always simple one make tasty food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So simple yet so tasty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All ur recipes are so simple and very healthy....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very simple and yummy stuffed okra preparation

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks very tempting and delicious dear

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks crispy and delicious dear

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah , I agree with malar, all dads are same ...

    I love that grilling part .. superb it looks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thx for ur comments manju..ya i am doing good. How abt u? Vendakkayi looks simple and yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow milagu vendakkai, very interesting dish, very new for me, thanks for sharing Manju..u can also send to CWS Pepper going on Padma's space, if u r interested..

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow very simple and delicious one manju.. my favorite veggie really like d the recipe.. spicy n yummy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sure I would love this spicy and yummy okra..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear, that sounds really simple and yummy !!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I just tried stuffing sambhar masala.

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice stuffing,looks very delicious manju

    ReplyDelete
  17. Naan comment yethuvum pannalaipa, apparam neenga yennoda commentai publish pannittu delete panni vittuduveel....:) Present Miss! mattum pootukkaren sariyaa!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. totally a new recipe. wold love to try

    ReplyDelete
  19. woo sounds interesting..looks soo good

    ReplyDelete
  20. Vendaikai will taste well with pepper and salt..Nice recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  21. மிகவும் வித்தியசமாக இருக்கின்றது...கண்டிப்பாக செய்து பார்க்கிறேன்...நன்றி

    ReplyDelete
  22. Crispy and spicy okra.. love them..

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice article. If you are tired of wearing salwar and churidar style now dhoti style is in trend. I recently purchased a dhoti dress from the site www.kaneesha.com they have from casual wear to the party wear dhoti dress. I loved the dress and why not after received so many compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is a new one to me - Hi! first time on your blog Love your blog title - My favorite movie- visited Germany 2 years ago ...had a great time!
    http://priyasnowserving.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete